You have been sharing your favorite things to do with us and we were inspired to take a little road trip of our own.
On a lovely hot afternoon, off we went…
One camera, 6 ‘cool’ places & this route…
Here is what we saw:
Our first stop: Lasalle Splash Pad & Wading Pool
- Large wading pool ranging in depth from .5 feet to 2.5 feet
- Interactive water equipment adjacent to wading pool
- Outdoor wading splash pad with astroturf surrounding pool area
Fun Fact: SpongeBob SquarePants lives in a pineappple at the bottom of the of wading pool. Proof..
Second Stop: Dofasco Waterjet Plaza
- 30 waterjets that shoot up intermittently from the ground
- East to the Rotary Centennial Pond- where you may be able to spot boats from the Confederation Marine Modellers’ Club.
- West to the Discovery landing playground
Fun Fact: The splash park was designed to resemble a boat with a mast, bow & stern.
Third Stop: Mountainside Splash Park
- Famous spill bucket
- Splash pad
Fun Fact: Mountainside Arena is undergoing renovations! Read more here.
Fourth Stop: Pinemeadow Spray Park
- Located beside Pinemeadow park
- ON/OFF button to activate the water sprays.
Fun Fact: Pinemeadow park is located in a residential area & is often very quiet.. a great hidden little spot.
Fifth Stop: Norton Splash Pad
- Located in Norton Community Park, adjacent to artificial turf fields, basketball court, playground & skate park!
- Adjacent to outdoor washroom facilities
Fun Fact: Norton Splash Pad is located across the street from the new Haber Recreation Centre.
Last Stop: Nelson Splash Pad & Wading Pool
- Wading pool
- Children’s play area
- Shaded grassy picnic area
- Kids interactive splash pad.
Fun Fact: Nelson Park recently had a workshop to design its newest addition: a multi-use feature. Read more about it here.
So there you have it, 25 km later we had seen first hand 6 ‘cool’ places!
We encourage you to visit a new splash pad, spray park or wading pool this summer… because we know the heat wave isn’t over!